Job Opening for Executive Director - Part time
• Base annual salary of $35,000.
• Medical stipend and paid-time off commensurate with part-time position.
• Fresh CFTT farm-grown produce for personal consumption.
HOW TO APPLY
• Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Deadline - October 31, 2022
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
Colorado Farm to Table, Inc. (CFTT) is looking for a part-time (20 hours/week) Executive Director
experienced in non-profit fundraising, community collaboration, and small-organization administration. The
candidate is ideally located in Chaffee County, Colorado as the role requires frequent on-location
activities in the area. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and operates as a
peer to our Farm Director.
• Define, implement, and pursue fundraising strategies to meet annual budget needs.
• Cultivate donor relationships, oversee the grant writing portfolio, and administer all
processes, systems, and marketing/communications that support donor management.
• Contribute to the development of an annual budget, administer the funds of CFTT according to the
approved budget, and monitor the monthly cash flows of the organization.
• Participate with the Board and Farm Director to implement and expand the organization’s vision
and multi- year strategic plan. Ensure organization activities align with the strategic plan.
• Recruit, lead, and mentor non-farm staff, volunteers, and professional service providers. Perform quarterly reviews.
• Work with financial partners to ensure CFTT adheres to a healthy, transparent, non-profit
financial model, to generate monthly financial statements, and to create and submit the annual IRS
• Oversee the creation of CFTT’s Annual Report.
• Provide the Board with comprehensive monthly reports on the organization’s financial position,
fundraising status, distribution/logistics, staff/volunteer performance, etc.
• Ensure fundraising results are incorporated into monthly financial statements, funding is
allocated appropriately, and budget variances are minimized.
• Network within the community and throughout Colorado to build and maintain healthy relationships with community partners, donors, and volunteers. Leverage these relationships
to advance the mission of the organization.
• Work with the Farm Director to prioritize distribution requirements from funding
• Assist the Farm Director with vetting, interviewing, and hiring farm-related staff.
• Ensure the organization is and remains in compliance with all laws and regulations.
• A passion for Colorado Farm to Table’s mission.
• Demonstrated fundraising and grant writing success.
• Experience building relationships and collaborating with community partners.
• Undergraduate degree in related field or 8+ years related experience required.
• Proven ability to manage a small non-profit or business organization.
• Positive, flexible, can-do, attitude.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including public relations and advocacy
• Demonstrated effective financial management of a non-profit organization (or small business),
including fundraising, budgeting, financial planning, and board-level reporting.
• An appreciation for and understanding of farm operations is a plus.
About Colorado Farm to Table
In 1996, career farmer Tony Madone, Jr., started a two acre garden plot in Salida, Colorado and
donated all of the produce to the hungry. His commitment would eventually grow into what is today Colorado Farm to Table (CFTT), which officially became a registered 501c3 non-profit organization in 2006. Our
mission is to sustainably grow nutritious vegetables for donation to those in need of healthy food
throughout Colorado. Annual revenues typically range between $230,000 and $260,000. CFTT generates revenues by seeking charitable contributions, utilizing a strong volunteer base, and seeking non-charitable donations.